Software Engineering Team Lead | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Join an established team of highly experienced and technical professionals
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Software Team Lead based in Richmond, Victoria.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Software Team Lead shall ensure that the technical and schedule goals associated with the conduct of the design, development, integration, and testing of the software are effectively achieved. They will also maintain the goodwill of the Customer and BAE Systems management, and provide effective leadership to the software team. In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentor the engineering team.
- Lead and manage the software engineering activities including the design, development, integration, validation and qualification testing for the project.
- Liaise with the customer and build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Estimate and plan software engineering activities that are to be undertaken.
- Manage and track the execution of software engineering activities with respect to cost, quality and schedule.
- Share software development best practices and provide software specialist advice.
- Lead and manage the identification and resolution of technical issues associated with the execution of software engineering activities.
- As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive software engineering/development experience coupled with a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- A relevant tertiary level university degree. It is anticipated the candidate will satisfy the requirements for Membership to Engineers Australia (or equivalent) and will work towards becoming a Chartered Professional whilst in the role.
- Experience in developing software in a variety of technologies such as C, C++, Ada languages, MATLAB, python, scripting languages, Windows, UNIX, object orientated design or UML.
- Demonstrated engineering team leadership experience.
- Strong customer management skills, the ability to present at customer meetings and influence and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au