Integration Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Bring your leadership and expertise to key Defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Integration Engineer within the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) team at Edinburgh Parks
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
In this role you will be involved in the most significant, system-wide upgrade of the JORN capability since it become operational. You will conduct subsystem integration activities to ensure we provide the capabilities to support the JORN customer's current and evolving needs.
Your new role:
- Contribute to the delivery of the next generation of JORN capability
- Support planning integration activities based on the evolving system capabilities
- Undertake the physical and functional integration of components into the system, and explore the subsystem capabilities.
- Work with development teams to resolve design and implementation issues
- Assist in the development of any tools/rigs necessary for the integration of the deliverable system
- Provide support to other teams or individuals with regards to activities performed by the I&T team
- Undertake assigned integration activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards
- Develop integration related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards
- An Australian Defence Clearance or have eligibility to obtain
- Strong problem investigation and solving ability
- Desire to work hands-on with the JORN system at it deployed locations
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous
- An understanding of Software Engineering and Systems Engineering practices
- Experience across Engineering Process, Methods, Tools and Infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to function confidently within a project team environment
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Gabrielle Popovic Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Gabrielle.Popovic@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au