Draftsperson | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Category:||Draftsperson & Designer|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Join an organisation that is leading the way in defence
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have multiple Draftsperson opportunities within our Maritime Sustainment (ANZAC Frigate program) based in Melbourne CBD, VIC.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage your own time in order to meet deadlines
- Provide status updates of assigned tasks at required timeframes in either verbal or written form
- Deliver assigned products within budgeted costs and schedule
- Actively seek self-improvement in own skills in both technical and non-technical areas
- Identify areas of process improvement and seek to implement agreed changes
- Actively seek to improve the team's technical capability with support from management
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Drafting qualification e.g Technical Certificate in Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 5-8 years as a draftsperson, preferably within Naval/Maritime, Defence or Allied Industry
- Demonstrated experience working with AutoCAD and/or Inventor CAD software
- Ability to collaborate with others, including engineers, production and other draftspersons
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively under limited supervision.
- Drafting to DEF(AUST)5085, AS1100, AS/NZS 1102
- Geometric Tolerancing
- Drafting (Assemblies, Parts Lists, Parts etc.)
- Change and Configuration control
- Use of PTC Windchill PLM tool
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Defence security clearance or eligibility is required
A Defence security clearance is required for these roles. Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Trades, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please ensure you attach a current resume, cover letter and a copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au