People Business Partner | VIC-Melbourne Bourke Street
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Hands on role with operational and strategic work
- Enjoy full time or part time flexibility and an inclusive culture
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a exciting and unique opportunity as a People Business Partner within our Digital Intelligence business based in Melbourne CBD.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
You will be responsible for working with the Senior Leadership team to develop the People Plan for DI Australia, which is derived from the relevant business and functional strategy, and for implementing relevant people actions. This role can be full-time or part-time and will report to the Digital Intelligence (DI) Head of People Capabilities, with a dotted line to the Head of People Business Partnering.
Key responsibilities will see you:
- Act as the trusted and strategic partner to the Senior Leadership team and ensure alignment of people plan to business objectives and wider organizational strategy
- Deploy and embed people strategy elements such as talent management, succession planning, workforce planning, organizational design and leadership coaching within your portfolio
- Use business related and people data and metrics to develop solutions
- Work closely with Centre's of Expertise and contribute to talent and development, performance and reward cycles and activities, whilst ensuring alignment with local business practices
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience as a HR Business Partner or in a similar role
- Previous experience within a technology and/or consulting organisation (desirable)
- Previous experience with workforce planning, talent management and organisational capability
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence outcomes
- Proactive, independent and able to take initiative to implement actions and make informed decisions
- Willing to display courage, be bold and challenge the status quo in advocating new approaches in order to progress people partnering agenda
- Flexibility with work hours in order to communicate with counterparts in the UK
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au