Modelling and Simulation Engineer | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Utilise your skill in modelling and simulation systems
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an opportunity for a Modelling & Simulation Engineer based in Edinburgh, South Australia. Interstate candidates willing to relocate are strongly encouraged to apply.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking talented Engineers or Physicists to join our expanding M&S team.
The Joint Survivability Tactics Validation Program (JSTVP) has been initiated to provide defence against threats that use the Electro Magnetic Spectrum (EMS) to target Australian Defence Force (ADF) units. Examples of these threats are missiles which are guided by radar frequency or electro-optic seekers, and laser guided weapons.
The program aims through synthetic trials to simulate various engagements to support assessments of susceptibility of ADF platforms (both maritime and land) against these threats.
This opportunity will see you:
- Contribute to the development of the JSTVP project modelling & simulation environment through:
- Understanding of the M&S requirements
- Development of system models
- Verification and Validation of System Models
- Execution of virtual trials
- Contribute to the generation of technical documents
- Develop knowledge and understanding in the M&S as pertains to EW evaluation
- Provide mentoring of more junior members of the team
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have or have the aptitude to work towards:
- Understanding in software engineering principles and software development
- Understanding of and solving problems in the mathematical domain
- Ability to actively engage and contribute to tasks within the JSTVP programs team
- Ability to work independently while maintaining focus and motivation
- High level of communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to document and generate technical reports
- Experience in C and C++ programming (essential)
- Experience working within an Agile framework, using tools such as Cmake, etc.
- Experience in MATLAB programming
- Experience in the use of GIT repository tools or similar
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role (NV1), applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sharryn Salkilld - Talent Acquisition Specialist-Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.