Supply Planner Expediter | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2023|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Customer facing role with strong stakeholder engagement to ensure people, process and technology work together
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have rewarding opportunity as a Supply Planner Expediter within our Maritime Australia team based in Adelaide, SA.
This role provides the flexibility of a hybrid working arrangement, location flexibility and a 9 day fortnight full-time working option for the right talent.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
Your new role:
Reporting to the Lead Supply Planner, you will be responsible to optimise the flow of materials from suppliers through to production, as well as returns, to meet the needs of the customer, in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner.
You also will be working closely with various areas of business involved in the supply lifecycle to ensure the material availability is maintained throughout the build program by establishing effective supply plans and managing expediting activities. This includes working in an evolving environment focused on innovation and continuous improvement and strong stakeholder engagement is required to ensure people, process and technology work together to achieve the desired outcome.
More specifically, you will have
- Be responsible to undertake long, medium and short term planning across procurement, logistics, warehouse and yard to meet the production schedule and requirements
- Establish supply plans solutions and ensure early warding signs are in place manage risk, change and key scheduled activities working closely with planning and procurement
- Asses material availability against planning activities and conduct expediting activities where necessary to reduce risk to production schedule
- Analyse, forecast, review demand and project plans to determine statistical demand plan gaining alignment against supply
- Establish and maintain engaging supplier relationships to facilitate the timely delivery of material in accordance with schedule
- Monitor stock levels, KPIs such as wastage, obsolescence, total spend and inventory holdings cost and identify process improvements within own scope of work to Supply Chain Planning Manager
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have
- Demonstrated experience in supply and demand planning within supply chain or similar environment preferably in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Strong experience in expediting role monitoring local and overseas logistics with high level of digital acumen with sound experience in analytics role
- In depth business process improvement experience preferably within supply chain environment
- Forward thinking and strong communicator coupled with an ability to engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in business analysis, logistics or supply chain or related with relevant professional membership, MCIPS, MCILT or APICS is preferred
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au