Supply Support Analyst | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Exciting opportunity to focus on key supply chain issues to support the Hobart Class Guided Missile Destroyer Program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting level opportunity for a Supply Chain Analyst within our Maritime Sustainment based in Garden Island, Sydney, New South Wales.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
Your new role:
Reporting to the Supply Support Manager, you will be responsible to review the supply chain elements in engineering change, maintenance task with continued support to provide material as well as assisting the team with focus on Supply Chain impacts on wider Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) Support.
More specifically, you will
- Undertake supply chain analysis into the impacts of engineering changes on the material supply chain including assistance with review on required on-board and depot levels of sparing required
- Liaise with engineering, maintenance and wider supply support team to ensure that material procurement requirements are understood and processes are in place for continuing material support.
- Engage and support project functional leads and support DDG supply request for problem resolution by assessing material requirements and conducting ongoing supportability investigations
- Undertake day to day updates of the NAVALLOW baseline and liaise with relevant DDGSPO team members and wider DDG Enterprise for effective delivery of material subcontractor performance again deliverables and milestones
- Proactively action requests for supply chain solutions to variety of issues including MILIS updates, review and maintenance of total material list and support supply operations manager as required
- Work with the Supply Engineer in regards to analysis of proposed material sparing requirements
- Facilitate and maintain effective relationship with stakeholders and suppliers to maximise the value to the CoA by providing best possible support outcomes for DDG
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in an analyst position within supply chain systems or similar environment
- Experience in defence sustainment projects and defence inventory management systems
- Strong stakeholder management skill, results orientated, focusing on the key objectives and striving for effective outcomes
- An ability to show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines with strong influencing skill
- An ability to analyse complex date and propose appropriate business solution and propose appropriate business solutions
- Experience in ILS practices and impact on the Supply Material baseline would be preferred
- Proficient user of Ms Office package and Oracle system is preferred
Whilst, not essential, degree in logistics or supply chain or related discipline is preferred
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au