SENIOR ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- As a Senior Oracle Database Administrator you will contribute to a program of national significance
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture, where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Oracle Database Administrator with expertise across Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server database platforms within the Defence Delivery stream. Our key sites are based in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney with significant flexibility to accommodate other locations across Australia for the right candidate.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
- BAE Systems Australia offers a hybrid working arrangement and a 9 day fortnight option which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
As a Senior Oracle Database Administrator in the Defence Delivery Hosted Platforms team, you will be responsible for the design, installation, configuration, management and ongoing maintenance and support of project and business Database Environments within BAE Systems. There is a high focus on security, resilience and continuous improvement in each area administered.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide DBA expertise across several business critical applications
- Manage all aspects of database administration including day-to-day support issues, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, backups and recovery
- Effectively manage installation, configuration, upgrades, administration, security and maintenance of the databases
- Deliver and support optimisation of applications operating within Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems effectively and efficiently.
- Proactively identify system obsolescence and provide solutions
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
- Ensure business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and procedures exist and are current for all relevant services
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive experience in enterprise environments with over 1000 servers
- SME knowledge in Oracle Database Infrastructure (12c – 21c):
- Oracle Database (Design and Maintenance, Backups, Dataguard, RAC, ASM, Exadata, ODA, Shell Scripting, Performance Tuning)
- DBA Management
- Knowledge and experience in the following Oracle systems would be an advantage:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle E-business Suite
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle Middleware
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012-2019 would be highly regarded
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.