ENGINEERING SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGER | SA-DSTG
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Feb-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Bring your leadership and expertise to key Defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions team as a Engineering Software Project Manager in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA on our JORN Phase 6 Upgrade Program.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Engineering Software Project Manager you will:
- Provide leadership of the project team to deliver project outcomes and software releases
- Manage all project stakeholder relationships to ensure that the relationships contribute positively to project success.
- Manage delivery of the software program through the application of Agile Scrum practices and integrating those with contemporary project management practices used by the wider program.
- Manage the activities of multiple software teams to ensure they're on track to meet objectives
- Work within BAE Systems project control system to provide all required status reports, variance analysis and corrective actions within an Earned value Management framework.
- Contribute to the overall leadership culture of the line of business by proactively supporting peers and by role modelling positive and collaborative behaviours.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Previous experience applying Agile Scrum practices to software projects in and Engineering Environment.
- Experience in successfully planning, executing and managing large scale complex software and systems integration projects while actively managing risk and opportunity.
- Leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills enabling successful delivery and collaboration across the project team and stakeholder community.
- Analytical skills and ability to make informed and timely decisions in a data rich and agile environment.
- Familiarity with ASDEFCON (Strategic Materiel) contracting practices.
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au