Capability Architect (ATLASSIAN) | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Feb-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Unique opportunity to architect within a sizeable, fast growing environment
- Enjoy an engaging and collaborative culture that embraces diversity, flexibility and a growth mindset
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We have an exciting opportunity as a Capability Architect (Atlassian) within our IM&T function. Our key sites are based in Adelaide and Melbourne, with significant flexibility to accommodate other locations across Australia for the right candidate.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive and grow
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual and support work-life balance
- Joining a passionate, supportive and people oriented team environment, committed to creating a safe and enjoyable environment in which to learn and grow your career
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance to Australia
Your new role:
The Capability Architect (Atlassian) provides specialist services to stakeholders within the wider organisation.
As a domain expert you will be responsible for architecting, maintaining, and facilitating the execution of the domain technical roadmap. You will ensure the content of the roadmap aligns with the organisations strategy and key stakeholder requirements by engaging with key contacts and keeping abreast of industry trends.
More specifically you will:
- Provide specialist support and advice to members of the organisation
- Keep abreast of key changes within the domain, both internal to the organisation and the wider industry, and the impact on the domain roadmap
- Manage licences for systems within their domain
- Contribute to budget and resource planning
- Collaborate with vendors to maximise the value of our systems
- Collaborate with adjacent domain experts in order to maximise business value
- Collaborate with key contacts in the organisation in order to determine current and future domain requirements
- Facilitate the development and improvement of systems architecture within the domain
- Contribute to the quality of domain support provided to the organisation
- Coach and mentor the team on supporting systems within their domain
- Collaborate with IM&T Architecture on delivery, design, architecture, and promote our service offerings
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification in ICT/Engineering/Software
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, written and interpersonal skills, including an ability to build rapport with key stakeholders, employees at all levels and with external parties
- Experience managing Atlassian applications such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with automating applications utilising technologies such as REST, Ansible, and Puppet
- Strong skills working within linux based systems
- Strong data architecture skills, with some database experience.
- Above all, an inquisitive nature with the need to understand why and how things work
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond - Talent Acquisition Specialist. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
You'll be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us, that means providing sustainable work-life balance and ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued, creating a sense of belonging.
We celebrate and support diversity in all forms and employ a host of initiatives, including our Employee Assistance program, flexible work arrangements, progressive parental leave policies and a focus on veteran support, among many others.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au