Senior Applications Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Feb-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Be instrumental in the upgrade of a National flagship project
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Applications Engineer (Maximo) within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions teambased in Adelaide.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Senior Applications Engineer will be a subject matter expert in the design, development, build, test and delivery of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) applications.
In this role you will participate in the development of training and bespoke systems administration documentation; test and acceptance regime for application acceptance, and; SME level operational support to the initial roll-out of the suite.
- Interpret and implement the generic and special requirements for an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) application suite to suit the JORN Phase 6 program
- Design new functionality, adapt existing functionality, metrics report generation, data loading, patching, systems administration, troubleshooting and assist helpdesk support
- Implement an Eclipse BIRT report development environment, configured report repository and COGNOS integration
- Manage Stakeholders through effective expectation and prioritisation management, and demonstrate progress of the application suite development to stakeholders
- Validate solutions against business or customer requirements (implement the test program), and assist in the development and delivery of plans for business and customer acceptance
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualifications within ICT engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) application suite as a practitioner/systems administrator
- Strong experience in application development and delivery
- An understanding of business analysis functions and the interfaces between business analysis and application design and implementation
- Proven experience in systematic verification and validation of changes and controlled rollout of changes in the tool functionality across the business
- Experience in providing SME support services to users /clients
- Metrics report design and implementation and data loading
- An understanding of the principles of Asset Management throughout the asset life-cycle (maintenance, supply chain, design and configuration, safety and security and disposal management)
- Hold, or be eligible for an Australian Defence security clearance
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Wendy Hammond and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.