Systems Administrator | Location - Flexible
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Feb-2023|
Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
Opportunity for a Systems Administrator to work on Australia's first digital shipyard.
Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture, where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Systems Administrator with expertise in Converged infrastructure within Maritime Australia. Our key sites are based in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney with significant flexibility to accommodate other locations across Australia for the right candidate.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
- BAE Systems Australia offers a hybrid working arrangement and a 9 day fortnight option which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
As a Senior Systems Administrator you will be responsible for assisting in the installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of computing, messaging systems and infrastructure in project and/or support teams.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist in ensuring that the Computing infrastructure platforms and associated data storage sub systems meet the current performance, reliability, & security requirements of the project or business. These services may include general Windows and Linux Server Management, Active Directory, VMWare, Backups and File systems.
- Deliver and support optimisation of applications operating within Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems effectively and efficiently.
- Provide system administration of the Windows Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems for effective governance and functional requirements.
- Assist with the planning and design, in both the team and as an individual, to ensure the Computing platform infrastructure is fully documented and supportable.
- Assist in installing new/rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and operational requirements.
- Assist in upgrades and patches of operating systems by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new systems.
- Assist with the migration of systems and data across data centers
- Undertake Incident and Service Request resolution for the services within the portfolio in line with service level expectations.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Some after hours and weekend work will be required, including being on call.
- Working hours will include being on a 9 Day Fortnight rotation.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Proficiency in administering and managing latest Windows server operating systems
- Proficiency in Windows server operating systems, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SCCM
- Working knowledge of CITRIX
- Experience in commissioning VMs for applications and migration of applications/VMs
- Experience in:
- VMware/vSphere, VSAN.
- Fileshares/systems, Certificate Management
- Scripting and/or PowerShell required.
- Business as usual and/or operational support experience
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of network technologies, including firewalls, VMware NSX would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge across multiple technologies e.g. Windows, Linux, networking, hardware stacks and converged infrastructure (Dell VxRail) would be advantageous.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to troubleshoot with application administrators.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com WFH
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.