Reliability Engineer | VIC-Melbourne Bourke Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Apply your talent to influence the customers future requirements
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for 2x Reliability Engineers to join our business based in Melbourne, Vic
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reliability Engineers are responsible for investigating and analysing data and trends on equipment and systems fitted to various classes of warship, and for providing recommendations that assist to ensure the effective operation of the equipment and systems until the Life of Type is reached.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead and perform Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) modelling and calculations for equipment and systems as required.
- Conduct investigations and analysis of data collected to for an impression of equipment/systems history and current condition
- Conduct risk assessments on the equipment/system being investigated
- Draw conclusions and propose recommendations to improve equipment/system reliability and supportability based on analysis and available evidence
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in the technical review and reporting of assessment data
- Experience in the operation and/or maintenance of those systems within the maritime environment or related technical industry
- Tertiary qualification (diploma or formal trade or technical certificate qualification) in Engineering and/or equivalent industry experience
- Formal training and certification in applicable Standards and/or equivalent industry experience (Highly Desirable).
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.