Head of Health, Wellbeing & Injury Management | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Feb-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Key critical role, flexible location
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Head of Health, Wellbeing & Injury Management, due to the nature of this role the location is flexible. You will also have the opportunity to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
In this key and critical role, you will be responsible for the development and management of a robust health, wellbeing and injury management strategy, policies, processes and procedures always considering best practice and operational needs of the business. Also, ensuring the organisation complies with all current Health and Safety legislation, workers compensation and self-insurance.
- Lead organisational thinking in relation to psychological safety, wellbeing and SHE culture.
- Provide leadership and support to the workers compensation and occupational health management teams.
- Develop and review all aspects of Health and Hygiene policies, initiatives and activities, participate in business continuity planning, emergency and incident management including pandemic planning.
- Development and implement a positive mental health strategy and programme to improve psychological health and prevent or minimise organisational risk.
- Mentor and coach senior leaders within the business in the delivery of health and wellbeing, injury management and workers compensation.
- Manage establishment of systems to comply with safety, workers compensation & injury management legislation, SHE strategy and relevant policies & procedures – aligned to certification and compliance requirements.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Be and Australian Citizen with eligibility to obtain and maintain defence security clearance to a minimum of Baseline.
- Extensive experience in leading and managing a health, well-being and injury management function within a large and complex organisation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks and governance requirements (essential).
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice at senior levels on high risk / impact matters.
- Tertiary qualifications in safety, health and environment or related discipline/s.
- Post graduate qualifications in business or human resources management is desirable.
- Strong stakeholder and engagement skills at all levels.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.