Senior Quality Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Apply your quality skills in this diverse role in a prime location
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our Maritime Sustainment businessbased in Garden Island, Woolloomooloo NSW.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
BAE Systems Australia has been selected to partner with the Commonwealth of Australia to deliver a sovereign sustainment capability to the Royal Australian Navy's Hobart Class Destroyer (DDG) fleet based in Sydney. Over the next 6 years, the Company will manage the fleet, ensuring they are ready to fight and win at sea, with the latest capability.
Working as a Senior Quality Engineer within this project, you will be accountable for delivering a broad range of planned Quality activities designed to provide assurance to management that quality practices are being effectively deployed across the program.
More specifically, this role will see you:
- Ensure Quality standards requirements are implemented and maintained to the satisfaction of internal and external customers,
- Deliver independent review and reporting on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS) and activities within the internal and customer Quality environments,
- Provide guidance, advice and support on all Quality related matters, including acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as appropriate/required,
- Lead the identification and implementation of quality improvement activities agreed with the business area,
- Coordinate stakeholders to ensure Quality has an effective input to total performance,
- Provide support to Enterprise personnel requiring Subject Matter Expert level support in Quality Management Systems, and also personnel developing their capability in quality practices,
- Conduct Gap Analyses of the project's documentation to determine any shortfalls in compliance to corporate process, applicable standards and contractual, regulatory and legislative documented requirements,
- Conduct document reviews on a range of program documentation such as business plans and instructions, as a peer review stakeholder,
- Manage and schedule appropriate training programs to ensure that Quality competencies are maintained,
- Schedule and conduct Quality Audits to ensure ongoing compliance with policies and procedures, using a planned approach, subsequently involving analysis of the results, developing graphs, compiling reports, providing feedback to our personnel and customer, establishing improvement plans, implementing and monitoring progress against the plans, and
- Facilitate the conduct of second party and third party customer audits for BAE Systems and customer.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A current Australian Defence Security Clearance would be highly desirable,
- Demonstrated experience in a Quality Engineering or Governance role,
- Sound understanding of ISO9001 Quality Standards, Configuration Management, and Verification and Validation,
- Systems Quality Assurance experience with product lifecycle understanding,
- Competency with planning, implementing, mentoring and training in Continual Improvement initiatives such as process mapping, process enhancement, gap analysis, promoting ownership, improvement teams, development of metrics, application of metrics, self-assessment models and conducting reviews,
- Strong stakeholder and expectation management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.