ILS Supportability Engineering Lead | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Utilise your ILS Supportability Engineering expertise and be part of the delivery of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates
- 9 day fortnight, flexible work practices with a hybrid working environment, and long term program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an ILS Supportability Engineering Lead within our within our Maritime Australia business on the The Hunter Class Frigate Program.
This key position will based in either Osborne, Adelaide or Melbourne CBD locations. You will have the flexibility to have a hybrid working environment, and the ability to have a rostered day off work through a 9 day fortnight arrangement.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing impressive careers
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to design and deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
An opportunity now exists for a talented ILS Supportability Engineering Lead to utilise their ILS Supportability Engineering expertise and knowledge and partner with our Maritime business on the Hunter Class Frigate Program. This rewarding position will report to the ILS Support Systems Design Authority, be offered on a permanent full time basis, will be part of inclusive and supportive teams, performing interesting and varied work.
This opportunity will see you:
- Support the technical review of supportability engineering/ILS system activities
- Ensure the supportability engineering/ILS team are suitably qualified and experienced to conduct activities, maintain register and quality evidence, including annual assessment of ILS program needs
- Provide technical training on tools and processes to conduct Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) activities, maintaining consistency across the program
- Collaborate with the ILS Manager and ILS Delivery Leads in defining and implementing support engineering objectives, and in developing processes and instructions for the development of ILS support system products
- Provide leadership to the ILS Support Engineering teams, coach and develop personnel, fostering a high performance culture
- Support the development of estimates for future program supportability engineering/ILS activities
- Provide sound ILS Support Engineering advice, collaborate effectively with customers, internal and external stakeholders, maintaining a positive work culture
- Drive culture of ILS Support Engineering best practice, efficiency and continuous improvement
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) engineering or supportability engineering experience
- Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) experience
- The ability to provide leadership, coach and train team members
- Resiliency, self-motivation and the ability to adapt to changing program requirement
Whilst not essential, Defence industry experience will be highly regarded.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au