Senior ILS/Supportability Engineer x2 Positions | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Utilise your technical expertise to contribute to the delivery of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates
- 9 day fortnight, flexible work practices with a hybrid working environment, and long term program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have two unique opportunities as a Senior ILS/Supportability Engineerswithin our Maritime Australia business on the The Hunter Class Frigate Program.
These key positions will based in either Osborne, Adelaide or Melbourne CBD locations. Other interstate locations will also be considered. You will have the flexibility to have a hybrid work environment, with flexibility to work from home on occasions, and have a rostered day off work through a 9 day fortnight arrangement.
What these opportunities will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing impressive careers
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to design and deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
Opportunities have arisen for two seasoned Senior ILS/Supportability Engineersto demonstrate their technical expertise and partner with the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work of national and global significance. These key positions will report to the ILS Support Systems Design Authority and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
These opportunities will see you:
- Lead and facilitate Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Support Engineering activities and solutions and make ILS engineering decisions that meet program, safety and legal requirements
- Ensure ILS Support Engineering activities are in compliance with engineering governance requirements and with the company engineering lifecycle
- Ensure appropriate ILS Support Engineering processes are established and executed, and identify and manage product technical risks
- Provide leadership to the ILS Support Engineering teams, coach and develop personnel, fostering a high performance culture
- Provide sound ILS Support Engineering advice, collaborate effectively with customers, internal and external stakeholders, maintaining a positive work culture
- Drive culture of ILS Support Engineering best practice, efficiency and continuous improvement
As an applicant for these opportunities, you'll have:
- Extensive Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) engineering or supportability engineering experience and understanding of its principles
- The ability to provide effective leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Strong customer and subcontractor management skills and the ability to influence and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Self-motivation, be proactive and driven to improve current process and solve problems
Whilst not essential, Maritime/Defence industry experience or a relevant technical qualification, will be highly regarded.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au