Senior Procurement and Subcontracts Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Come and join our JORN program team working as an experienced Procurement and Contract professional
- Enjoy hybrid working and 9 days a fortnight full time working option
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Procurement and Subcontract Officer within our Strategic Surveillance teambased in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Procurement and Subcontract Manager, you will be responsible to establish, place and manage the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business.
This role will require an individual with a broad knowledge across all facets of supply chain, procurement and contract management to maximise value and minimise risk to the program.
More specifically, you will
- Support the line manager in the commercial management of the subcontracts through effective commercial and correspondence administration including but not limited to milestones, claims, notices/letters and follow down of contract amendments
- Administer and monitor variations to subcontracts including the drafting of commercial subcontract related notices as required
- Facilitate and maintain engaging relationship with suppliers and subcontractors and manage the procurement and subcontract elements of bids and tenders ensuring robust definition of requirements and commercial terms
- Develop and maintain correspondence, reports, charts/graphs, databases and other communication materials as required
- Manage supplier performance, including delivery of products, hosting supplier meetings and addressing any supplier related issues and/or opportunities
- Lead supplier evaluations and negotiations whilst supporting sourcing recommendations on behalf of the business
- Act as an interface with the line of business Commercial Manager to ensure alignment between head contract and subcontracts
- Generate and manage the lifecycle management of procurement and subcontract management plan
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- In depth experience in procurement and/or supply chain within a complex environment and experience in contract management/administration
- Strong commercial acumen with proven capability in contract negotiation and working in ambiguous environment
- Proficient communicator with an ability to develop strong working relationship with suppliers, their supply chains and internal stakeholders
- Project management experience with excellent organisation skill and with ability to work with limited close supervision
- Proficient user of ERP system such as Oracle, SAP or similar, Ms office package including word, excel and power point
Whilst, not essential, degree qualification in procurement/supply chain management or engineering discipline or a membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) is desirable
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.