Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Feb-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
Continuing growth in our project portfolio has led to a unique opportunity becoming available for a Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
Reporting to the Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead you will:
- Provide production expertise to the project team during design and development activities
- Ensure that products are designed/developed in accordance with manufacturing process capability guidelines, providing the technical interface between manufacturing, the engineering function and design teams
- Initiate and monitor process improvements across the discipline process and capability areas to deliver reductions in product manufacturing costs
- Evaluate production performance and instigate improvement strategies
- Produce various production documents to facilitate the manufacture of products within manufacturing
- Design or provide design input into the production of specific tooling used to manufacture company deliverables
- Design and develop processes to meet capability requirements and ensure the continuous improvement of manufacturing capability
- Project Manage the implementation of capital equipment into production
- Provide an objective, professional evaluation of existing and proposed design solutions
- Lead Root Cause Analysis investigations to understand and initiate corrective actions to address identified process issues
- Develop test equipment and processes
Your new role:
- The Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for a variety of activities within the manufacturing environment. This includes provision of guidance to Design Engineers on the manufacturability of designs to facilitate more efficient production and assembly of product.
- A key element of the Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer position is to ensure that all internal and external manufacturing capabilities produce the required output and achieve their optimum effectiveness and therefore return maximum return on investment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of 4 and/or 5 axis CNC machining processes in a commercial and/or defence environment
- Degree level qualifications in an engineering discipline with significant demonstrable manufacturing engineering experience
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- Good understanding of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) tools
- Good computer literacy
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Ben Woodrow: Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.