Project Manager - Nulka | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Feb-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Leading a technical customer facing project, with opportunity to take on direct line management
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Project Manager – Nulka within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in Richmond, VIC.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Access to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As the Project Manager – Nulka you will be a part of something truly exciting, innovative with tangible impact (benefit) to our customer.
Your team works on providing new capability to the Nulka platform and is involved in hands-on development and acquisition work. This depth of in-house product knowledge and impact on capability is rare in Australia. You, together with your high performing team, will deliver exceptional outcomes for our customer as evidenced by the strong pipeline of work.
The Nulka Program has been building and maintaining sovereign Australian capability for over 25 years. Nulka is Australia's most successful defence export and protects our sailors and ships.
In more specific terms you will:
- Own complicated projects applying knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques in order to meet the project requirements
- Foster a positive collaborative culture between the key project stakeholders and the project team including the customer, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Establish appropriate key success indicators and recommend trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost
- Identify project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout contract phases. Monitor and report on the status of risks and opportunities
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated project management experience delivering outcomes for complicated or multiple concurrent projects
- A knack for working in a fast paced, supportive, innovative, highly skilled & customer focused environment
- The desire to take your career to the next level, with opportunities for future advancement
- Relevant experience in the defence sector or engineering will be highly regarded
- An existing Australian Defence Security Clearance or the ability to meet the application requirements.
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Monique Marshall – Talent Acquisition and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.