Finance Officers | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Mar-2023|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Enjoy 9 day fortnight, engaging work and a diverse culture
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have new opportunities for multiple Finance Officers based in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide, with a hybrid working arrangement.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
About the role
Reporting to the Transaction Support Lead, you will support the Central finance team with the following core activities:
- Process high volumes of Accounts Payable transactions in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide support with processing Accounts Receivable AUD & FX invoices and credit notes (both project and non-project)
- Daily cash receipting
- Corporate credit card administration and auditing of expenses
- Provide level of service required to meet internal and external customer expectations
- Assist with internal and external Auditor queries
- Reconcile Supplier Statements
- Actively participate in problem solving, contributing to the improvement of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable financial system and processes and overall Finance Shared Services outcomes.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, preferably within a large organisation
- Good understanding of procure to pay process
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Previous experience with corporate credit cards and auditing will be highly regarded
- Experience and knowledge of Oracle (or similar ERP system) will be highly regarded but not essential
- High computer literacy and skills in MS Suite
- A positive can do attitude
- Ability and desire to learn and adapt
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Merissa Matthews – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Merissa.Matthews@baesystems.com
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au