Electronics Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Apr-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Electronics Engineer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in Richmond, VIC.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- As a member of the engineering team, the Electronics Engineer is required to manage and complete own engineering tasks in a professional manner. The Electronics Engineer will:
- Derive electronic system and/or equipment requirements, define test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Develop electronic candidate solutions against requirements, including optimisation, and present solution in design reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify optimum solution against set of requirements
- Develop optimised electronic system/equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined system and/or equipment architecture
- Translate electronic system/equipment design into a manufacturable product and incorporate design for manufacturable factors
- Undertake engineering management of the electronic system and/or equipment manufacturable from hardware implementation
- Undertake integration and validation of the electronic system/equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment qualification activities and analysis of results. They will also contribute to qualification plans and reports
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment product assembly, integration, test and shipping including product change management and quality control processes
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
- Utilise electronic test tools effectively to undertake test, integration and verification including diagnosing problems and analysing results
Your new role:
- Work within an engineering team
- Undertake engineering activities within own competence without day to day guidance or supervision, including liaison with customers and suppliers as appropriate
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members
- Manage own elements of Engineering work package
- Take responsibility for contributing to team planning, risk management, product safety, quality and SHE
- Set targets for and manage own development with line manager
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve own practices. Be aware of and contribute to relevant BAE Systems engineering communities of interest
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience within electronics engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience within the Electronics Engineering discipline with working experience in the technical design and development of electronics engineering projects
- Electronic engineering or technology degree qualified or equivalent experience and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Meets requirements for registration as Chartered Engineer and preferably be a member of a professional body
- Working towards meeting the requirements for Chartered Professional Engineer status
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Gabrielle Popovic, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.