Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Avionics | NSW-RAAF Base Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2023|
PURPOSE OF JOB:
We are excited to invite applications for Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Avionics to join the AS&T team.
- Be responsible to the Team Leader or Support Team Leader (or relevant leader) to carry out tasks as directed, including scheduled servicing and other unscheduled maintenance
- Ensure that all maintenance and technical documentation or data used during maintenance is authorised for use and complies with the requirements of the business maintenance management plan, BAE Systems procedures and governing regulations
- Correctly and promptly record details of work performed on the correct documents, and if required, to gain certification of the performance of such work in the required timeframes
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering advice, defect reporting, maintenance deficiencies and publication amendments are incorporated as directed
- Report to the Team Leader or Support Team Leader (or relevant leader) all defects, deficiencies, maintenance errors and unserviceability's as they arise
- Carry out maintenance only to the delegated and authorised level
- Initiate quality, non-conformance or defect reporting relating to maintenance tasks as directed
- Ensure workshop equipment is maintained and operating in the correct manner in accordance with authorised technical data
- Ensure hangar and/or Workshop duties are performed as required by local business operating manuals, procedures and policies
- Will need to be prepare to support flight operations in deployed areas
- A Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics)
- Previous experience in a similar role, within a workshop or hangar environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline”
- An understanding of Australian Defence Force aircraft maintenance regulations, process and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work within a fast paced and strong team environment
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
Please apply to Shane Blogg – Talent Acquisition Specialist - Trades by close of business on the closing date listed online here. Your application should include a resume and whilst not essential, a cover letter is preferred. Please note, it is a business expectation that you advise your line manager of your application.
Please note that business impact will need to be considered and negotiated transition plans will be required for internal appointments.
BAE Systems employees are also encouraged to refer others for this vacancy - refer to the Employee Referral Scheme (HR.11.PR) for further information, instructions and eligibility. Whilst referrals are encouraged for this vacancy, suitable internal applicants will always be given first preference and consideration.