Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical | NSW-RAAF Base Williamtown
|Permanent - Full Time
|No File Attached
|Application Close Date:
At BAE Systems Australia:
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
BAE Systems Australia has a long and proud heritage in the development, manufacture, upgrade and support of world-leading combat and fast jet trainer aircraft. We operate throughout Australia and across the globe to support the Australian Defence Force (ADF) wherever, whenever and whatever its challenges may be.
We provide support to the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) across the entire life cycle of the air sector – from design, development and production, through to the provision of aircraft, training, support and maintenance. More information on what we do can be found here: What we do: Air Solutions and Careers with Infinite Possibilities.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have multiple new vacancies for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers – Mechanical to join our Lead in Fighter (HAWK) program, within the Aerospace organisation based in Williamtown, NSW, reporting to the Team Lead.
If you have either recently completed a Certificate IV in Aeroskills – Mechanical apprenticeship, have extensive experience in the Defence and/or Commercial Aircraft maintenance as a qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (or somewhere in between) – we want to talk with you.
- Be responsible for hydraulic, environmental, pneumatic and propulsion systems, related system components and propellers at a standard to meet all regulatory and airworthiness requirements
- Be responsible to the Team Leader to carry out scheduled servicing and other unscheduled maintenance.
- Ensure maintenance and technical documentation or data used during maintenance is authorised for use and is compliant.
- Correctly and promptly record details of work performed on the correct documents, and if required, to gain certification of the performance of such work in the required timeframes
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering advice, defect reporting, maintenance deficiencies and publication amendments are incorporated as directed
- Report to the Team Leader all defects, deficiencies, maintenance errors and unserviceability's as they arise
- Carry out maintenance only to the delegated and authorised level
- Initiate quality, non-conformance or defect reporting relating to maintenance tasks as directed
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills - Mechanical
- Australian Citizen with ability to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (Mandatory)
- Experience or strong interest in working with Defence Aircraft (Mandatory)
- Military or Civil Aviation Maintenance Licence (Highly Desirable)
- An understanding of Australian Defence Force aircraft maintenance regulations, process and procedures (Highly Desirable)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work within a fast paced and strong team environment
Applicant Eligibility & Security Clearances
As a Defence security clearance is required for the position so candidates are required to be Australian Citizens to apply and either currently possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance. Further information regarding security clearances. In addition to this, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, candidate nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Please submit your latest resume, along with your Certificate IV in Aeroskills (or equivalent), completed MEAs (units of competency) and your Aircraft Maintenance Licence (if applicable).
You will join a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au