Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical | NSW-RAAF Base Williamtown
|Position Type:||Fixed term - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Dec-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of Defence capability delivery
- Mechanical AME to support the Lead in Fighter Hawk Program
- Significant in-house training provided
BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
Aircraft, Training and Sustainment has an exciting new opportunity working on supporting the Lead in Fighter (HAWK) program, for an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) based in Williamtown, NSW. The Mechanical AMEs are responsible for performing scheduled inspections, fault diagnosis, repair and modify aircraft and aeronautical products.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
- Correctly and promptly record details of work performed on the correct documentation, and if required, to gain certification of the performance of such work in the required timeframes.
- Report to the Team Leader or Shift/Support Team Leader (or relevant leader) all defects, deficiencies, maintenance errors and unserviceability as they arise.
- Carry out maintenance only to delegated and authorised level.
- Initiate quality, non-conformance or defect reporting relating to maintenance tasks as directed.
- Ensure workshop equipment is maintained and operating in the correct manner in accordance with authorised technical data.
- Hangar and/or Workshop duties are performed as required by local business operating manuals, procedures and policies.
- Ensure the work place is kept tidy and free from foreign objects, unnecessary hazards and that waste is disposed of in accordance with current regulations.
- perform other aviation support tasks
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechanical/Armament) or equivalent
- Strong focus on maintenance procedures and processes
- Well-developed hand-skills and hand-eye coordination
- Appreciation of safety requirements
- Good verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of ADF Aircraft Maintenance regulations and procedures
- Able to work accurately, neatly and without supervision
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to present an appropriate image for the organisation
- Motivated and enthusiastic attitude
- Understanding of how aircraft are operated and flown, including flight safety and airworthiness considerations
- Assisting other team members with tasks and providing advice on work processes and troubleshooting
- Identify problems in a timely manner and develop practical solutions to maintenance problems, with appropriate guidance and technical expertise.
- Ability to work under pressure (flight line environment)
Applicants must be current Australian Citizens to apply for this position and ideally hold a Baseline security clearance or have the ability to obtain this level of clearance. Please note: you must be an Australian Citizen to apply for a security clearance. In addition to this, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, candidate nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits. To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au. We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would like to hear from you.
Please ensure you submit an updated copy of your resume and provide any supporting documentation i.e. relevant qualification(s) and training, to your application. We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant, however due to high volumes of recruitment at the moment, please allow 1-2 weeks for us to respond to your application.