Systems Engineer | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Apr-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility of a 9 day fortnight (optional), engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer within the Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) team. This role can be based in Canberra or South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
This position will assist the CDS Project Engineering Manager, responsible for system solution design, integration, testing, development and sustainment of CDS software and hardware products, as well as safety and security engineering. This role you will work on a range of defence system applications across Australia.
In particular, this role will enable you to:
- Develop and sustain extant CDS software and hardware products
- Maintain product compliance with relevant regulatory requirements associated with domestic and international markets
- Support the elicitation and refinement of customer requirements
- Support to system solution design and capture, integration, testing and verification & validation activities
- Support safety and security engineering
- Contribute to the implementation and use of ‘best practice' engineering standards, processes, methods, tools and thought leadership, including:
- CDS product engineering improvement opportunities
- CDS business and company process improvement opportunities
- Maintenance of CDS engineering plans and procedures
- Coordination and maintenance of baselines
- Support the Project Engineering Manager with the following:
- Developing and maintaining product engineering roadmaps
- Co-ordination and delivery of CDS engineering effort
- Conducting regular assessments of current key strategic considerations including product feature comparisons, licencing etc.
- Support other project bids/proposals/opportunities appropriately while balancing CDS needs and priorities
- Bachelors degree in Systems and / or ICT Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within the Engineering discipline
- Substantial demonstrated experience in Systems or ICT engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with EIA-632 or ISO 15288 (desirable)
- Experience within a formal technical regulatory framework
- Defence background and Australian Government Security Clearance to Negative Vet Level 1 (desirable)
- Demonstration of high performing behaviours and a willingness to work in a dynamic product business environment
- Strong customer focus to ensure that CDS delivers on customer and internal business commitments
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated initiative to be able to work cross functionally and across business departments
Candidates wishing to work part time are also strongly encouraged to apply
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj) and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.