Electrical Engineer | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Apr-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Interesting challenges and stimulating technical work
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Electrical Engineer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in SA-DSTG.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
About the Opportunity
JORN has been a part of Australian defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security.
As the Electrical Engineer you will be accountable for the design and development of electronic/electrical systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
Reporting to the Power and System's Team Lead you will:
- Development and review of Electrical engineering design documentation
- Progression and management of Electrical engineering projects from inception to incorporation
- Electrical engineering technical projects include (not limited to):
- Low/High voltage system design
- Hazardous areas assessment and design
- Instrumentation and Control design
- EMI testing
- Fire engineering
- Arc Flash assessments
- Earthing system design and testing
- Condition-based monitoring
- Development of Labour and Material Estimates
- Development of strong relationships with site based and ad-hoc project teams
- Complete assigned JORN Sustainment engineering changes in accordance with applicable and project specific design change policies, procedures and Work Instructions
- Report progress on Engineering Change, Survey & Quote and Minor Pre-Approved ad-hoc Services to the Power and Systems Team Lead
- Assist in performing real-time and retrospective fault diagnosis for system outage events
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical and or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Background in RF or related technologies
- Understanding of Electrical and Electronic concepts
- Understanding of requirements analysis, design, verification and other systems engineering principles
- Experience in developing detailed engineering work packages
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved
- Background in defence practices (desirable)
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.