EOI - Autonomy Engineer | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Opportunity to work a 9-day fortnight
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We are looking for expression of interests for autonomous Engineers who have a passion for autonomous vehicles to join our growing team within Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your New Role:
Red Ochre Autonomy and Sensors division is a hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia, pioneering advanced technology and future-altering solutions.
More specifically this role will see you:
- Develop models and simulations of complex vehicles and systems within a team environment
- Liaise with customer and supplier stakeholders in support of model development, verification and validation as required
- Support integration of developed models, algorithms and/or control systems into broader systems as required
- Design and execute mathematical simulations for a variety of scenarios, interpret/analyse the results and communicate them effectively in written reports
- Support the planning and achievement of intellectual property capture for technology projects
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated practical experience (ideally 5+ years' experience) in autonomous vehicle design/development
- Experience with the design and execution of mathematical simulations and analysis of simulation data, using Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with modern software development processes and tools
- Self-motivation, strong technical depth in the relevant discipline, strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience with standard company practises in terms of safety, systems engineering, configuration management, input to progress reviews, peer review of technical artefacts to ensure technology objectives are being achieved
- Engineering degree qualification in a relevant area such as mathematics, electronics, software, mechatronics, aerospace, robotics
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Gabrielle Popovic, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.