Senior Manager - Supply Chain | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Mar-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Are you an inspiring leader and interested in delivering agile contracting strategy? Come and join our Hunter Class Program team
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have rewarding executive leadership opportunity as a Senior Manager – Supply Chain within our Maritime Australia line of business to be based in Adelaide, South Australia. Hybrid working arrangement and 9 days a fortnight full time working arrangements are on offer as well.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain – Hunter Class Frigate Program, you will effectively lead a procurement team (CAT D Team) working to deliver supplier product(s) and service based contracts within an Integrated Project Team (IPT) environment, engaging multiple stakeholders, including Operations, Production, Engineering.
This key role is accountable for the delivery of multiple subcontractor product(s) and services, integrating them into operational environment with the Osborne SA shipyard whilst maintaining the goodwill of customer, industry partners, and BAE Systems Australia management.
More specifically, you will
- Provide strong leadership, delivery and execution of predominantly complex shipbuilding services and contracts.
- Provide commercial leadership and develop commercial contracting strategies for operational and Shipyard related contracts, and lead the full lifecycle of contract management from tender strategy to Contract award and execution.
- Foster positive and collaborative culture between key project stakeholders and project team including customer, industry partners, subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage and drive the team to work seamlessly with Operations to deliver the contracted services in line with the delivery schedule, cost envelopes and quality requirements.
- Operate safely and effectively within the BAE Systems and supplier /partner facilities, establishing a Total Safety culture comprising SHE, Product Safety and Quality requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to project team and stakeholders ensuring the alignment to strategic business and program objectives
- Ensure all project requirements and/ or objectives are properly documented in a business case and/ or project brief, as appropriate and vigorously pursued
- Ensure all procurement activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (Key Performance Indicators) in line with business objectives.
- Apply earned value to monitor cost and schedule performance, reporting of progress, and management of risk and opportunity.
- Identifying and implementing Value for Money (VFM) initiatives that improve project outcomes for the company and customers
- Ensure that Cat D procurement team is adequately resourced and manage risk associated with aspects of contracted services
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in procurement and/or commercial management preferably within an operational, engineering or defence environment
- An ability to articulate strategy/purpose and link to objectives and project deliverables
- High level of emotional intelligence with an ability to build strategic relationship with external and internal stakeholder
- An ability to motivate individual and teams across a number of business areas to deliver project requirements
- Proficient negotiator with proven capability to influence internal and/or external stakeholders to generate business benefits whilst maintaining key relationships
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in engineering, procurement or commercial discipline, or a membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) is desirable
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.htm
Applications can be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Interested in managing high value, high risk complex contracts? Look no further, be a part of highly prestigious combat systems area supporting our shipbuilding program.