Asset Lifecycle Engineer - Mechanical | WA-Rockingham
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Mar-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Ongoing training and career development, the chance to build on your career
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a unique opportunity as Asset Lifecycle Engineer ( Mechanical ) within our Maritime Sustainment project based in Rockingham, Western Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
In your new role Asset Lifecycle Engineer, you will be responsible for the conduct of strategic Asset Management analyses and activities, balancing technical management and operational capabilities.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Assessing operational data, trends and changes for designated systems. This will include writing reports and responding to investigations.
- Conducting System Reviews for designated systems
- Experience up keeping Asset Management Plans to maintain operational effectiveness (reliability, availability and maintainability)
- Developing Asset Optimisation options and prepare business cases
- Managing the implementation of Asset Optimisation recommendations
- Reviewing peer work, identify risks and unknowns and support planning activities
- Providing input and recommendations for the continuous improvement of company processes and standard procedures
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- An Engineering degree/qualification or experience in the required Mechanical field
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated data analysis and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proficient in the principles and applications of RAM, FMECA, RCM, LORA, FRACAS, Sparing and LCC analyses methodologies
- Knowledge of the application of Integrated Logistics Support, Life Cycle Costing and Total Cost of Ownership principles
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering process
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against internal and or external demands
- Must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.