Verification & Validation Engineer | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Mar-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Bring your passion and expertise to the Hunter Class Frigate Program
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity as a Verification and Validation Engineer within our Maritime Australia based in optional locations: Melbourne (CBD), Adelaide (Osborne) or Cairns.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Verification and Validation Engineer will undertake analysis to ensure requirements are fully captured, managed, analysed, understandable and testable.
Part of the analysis will involve working with stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure that requirements are Specific, Measurable, Acceptable, Realistic and Time-bound (SMART).
Reporting to the Hunter Class Verification & Acceptance Manager you will:
- Create or assist with creating System requirements and design documents (System & Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, CDRLs etc.)
- Support overall maturation of the Hunter Class Frigate Verification and Acceptance program, including:
- Refine requirements and reduce uncertainty
- Mature requirements traceability
- Develop verification closure strategies
- Identity and manage trials assets
- Address non-compliances at Supplier and MSS levels
- Maintain a requirements database using the requirements management tool (DOORS).
- Contribute to creating outputs from the requirements management tool for discussion with the Commonwealth and stakeholders at V&V Working Group.
- Support generation of V&A CDRLs – Mission System Specification, Verification Cross Reference Matrix, Acceptance Test Procedures and Acceptance Test Reports.
- Interact with the Hunter Class Operations, Quality, Design Assurance and Engineering teams to ensure robust engineering solutions are selected. This includes supporting the Test & Commissioning team in the conduct of Design for Test reviews.
- Review sub-contractor documents for acceptable quality and compliance with their obligations.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Experience within an Engineering discipline with experience in the Technical Development and Systems Design of engineering projects
- Experience in working in multi-disciplined engineering environments where you have developed strong technical knowledge
- Knowledge in conduct of acceptance testing
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering practices and Engineering methods as applied to the development of equipment and services.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.