Service Desk Officer | Location - Flexible
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Opportunity for a Service Desk Officer to contribute to a program of national significance
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture, where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity as a Service Desk Officer to join the Central Business Function. Our key sites are based in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney with significant flexibility to accommodate other locations across Australia for the right candidate.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive and grow
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
- BAE Systems Australia offers a hybrid working arrangement and a 9 day fortnight option which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
Due to our continued growth we are seeking a customer service driven Service Desk Officer. As a Service Desk Officer you will be responsible for the processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to requests for support and incident reports, including channelling requests for help to appropriate teams for resolution, monitoring resolution activity and keeping customers appraised of progress towards service resolution.
More specifically, you will:
- The ability to contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and providing information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate.
- The ability to effectively handle incident reports, prioritising where necessary.
- Experience with creating and maintaining support documentation.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- As a Service Desk Officer you will be responsible for the processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to requests for support and incident reports, via phone calls and our ticketing system,
- Demonstrated experience in a customer focused IT team, and able to demonstrate a passion for service.
- Knowledge of the latest Microsoft business applications, operating systems and network environments.
- The ability to demonstrate a consistent analytical approach to problem solving, with a focus on achieving objectives and ensuring effective outcomes.
- Proven ability to support the latest Microsoft business applications and operating systems, in a network environment
- An IT related Diploma (desirable) or demonstrated equivalent experience in an IT Support role.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj) - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.