Yard Logistics Supervisor | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Warehouse & Logistics Operations|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems, we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Yard Logistics Supervisor within Maritime Australiabased in Osborne South Australia working within the Hunterclass Frigate Program
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- Excellent career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Shipyard Logistics Supervisor in conjunction with the Shipyard Logistics Manager is responsible for the establishment of the Shipyard team and its culture for the Hunter Class Frigate Prototype phase. It will operationalise the ASCSB policy and procedures to deliver a seamless transition of inventories from point of receipt to delivery to its customers
As an applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Prior experience leading and managing a team within a Heavy Engineering environment
- Experience in logistics, warehousing and inventory management
- Experience operating a WMS or ERP system
- Able to maintain stock accuracy to required targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated strong core values and ability to mentor and influence peers and subordinates.
- Computer literate with solid experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated a high level of initiative and aptitude for problem solving.
- Maintain a safe workplace and environment. Comply with the company's Quality Systems.
Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you do not meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to Peter Smith Talent Engagement Specialist CCA and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.