Mechanical Engineering Team Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Mar-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Mechanical Engineering Team Lead within our Red Ochre Labs based in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Mechanical Engineering – Team Leader will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the allocation and deployment of team members and workload against estimates and schedule.
- Ensure team size and capability mix is optimised for successful delivery of work packages.
- Manage and report against the teams work programmes including analysis of risk.
- Manage the performance of the Mechanical team against allocated projects.
- Work within the engineering frameworks set out by engineering management, capability developers, domain experts and TES.
- Contribute to business unit/project engineering policy & strategy.
- Contribute to resource management and task development supporting the PEM.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Sound experience in mechanical engineering in a defence or a related industry
- Mechanical engineering degree (required)
- Leadership experience
- Strong stakeholder and communication engagement
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Gabrielle Popovic, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.