Senior Structural Engineer Production Query | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Apr-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Apply your talent working on our Hunter Frigate Program
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity as a Senior Structural Engineer Production Query within our Maritime Australia based in Osborne, South Australia.
The Senior Structural Engineer is responsible for providing structural engineering services that are accurate, safe, on time, to budget, and to approved standards for the development or modification of structural equipment, systems and/ or materials. The role also requires a technical interface with the broader engineering team, production, sustainment and procurement personnel and external suppliers. The role may also require a technical interface with the Customer at events such as design reviews. Provides senior leadership and subject matter expertise and management and development of the technical team.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
More specifically, this role will see you:
- Provide technical leadership to structural engineering activities conducted by a team under Hunter project.
- Provide an interface between project team and management and customer representatives.
- Develop alternative concepts to structural problems and undertake structural optimised designs to meet project requirements and in accordance with applicable Standards and Design Directives.
- Undertake checking design artefacts undertaken by fellow team members.
- Conduct safe designs and bring to the attention of line manager if any safety issues, noticed in the performance and functioning of the system.
- Manage structural tasks of assigned projects in accordance with budget, schedule and priority.
- Effectively utilise the expertise of fellow senior/specialist engineers for the benefit of the project.
- Attend project meetings, design reviews and peer review project documents as required.
- Provide regular status information to the relevant supervisors and project authorities as required.
- Ensure the products are production friendly and incorporate post design changes as required from production department or client.
- Attend and coordinate production queries and respond them in a timely manner after conducting necessary structural assessments.
- Undertake site inspections and verifications as required.
- Ensure all documents and artefacts generated within own sphere of responsibility are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions including compliance with the required product change management and quality control processes.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Civil/Naval Architecture/Aerospace/Mechanical degree qualified and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Chartered Professional Engineer status (Engineers Australia) or commitment to obtain the same
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance NV1
- Significant experience as a professional Engineer, with demonstrated experience in structural engineering as a professional Engineer, preferably within Naval/ Maritime Industry
- Demonstrated experience gained in developing structural design, structural design, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis of structures (highly desirable) specifically, Hyperworks package (desirable)
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Gabrielle Popovic, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.