Engineering Training Developer | Location - Flexible
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Apr-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity as an Engineering Training Developer within our Central Functions unitbased in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
The Engineering Training Developer supports the analysis and provides advice and guidance to stakeholders for new and existing training and development activities within the Engineering and Manufacturing Function.
The Engineering Training Developer will interact and work with key stakeholders within the Engineering and Manufacturing Function to ensure that training and development activities are designed, developed and delivered to appropriate standards and in accordance with BAE Systems processes.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Engineering Training Developer:
- Undertakes detailed Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to identify the training solutions for the Engineering and Manufacturing Function in consultation with the Engineering Training Lead
- Conducts review of current Engineering and Manufacturing training offerings to update content or fill any gaps identified by TNA
- Coordinates review and approval of new and reviewed training offerings with Functional Sponsors, Head of Engineering (HoE) Capability and HoE People Development
- Assists with the development of training materials in accordance with the Systems Approach to Training (SAT)
- Assist with the storyboarding and development of eLearning materials
Plan and Manage Engineering Training
- Collaborate with the Engineering stakeholders, gather the requirements and develop training offerings for the Engineering and Manufacturing Function.
- Review and update technical training and outline the relationship between training and career pathways.
- Work with Engineering Development Advisor to ensure new and current training offerings align with engineering competencies
Advise and Influence Internal Stakeholders
- Provide guidance and support to Engineering stakeholders with the design, development and review of training activities, from a training approach and methodology perspective, to ensure that our training program delivery meets recognised training standards.
- Advise and support Engineering stakeholders with the design, development and deployment of Training Needs Analyses (TNAs) to identify business needs.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience working within a training coordination or training support role, with demonstrative customer and stakeholder engagement and the ability to seek out and manage requirements.
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (Essential)
- Experience with eLearning development tools (highly desirable)
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance may be required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Gabrielle Popovic, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.