Maintenance Technician | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Apr-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems, we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within Maritime Australia based in Osborne South Australia working within the Hunter class Frigate Program for an experienced as a Maintenance Technician
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- Excellent career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Senior Technician (Facilities) is responsible for the maintenance of the shipyard facilities to satisfy the legislative and project requirements. The role is principally one of technical support which included the Calibration of Tools and equipment used within the Shipyard. It involves the exercise of support and repair judgement within broad and often undefined parameters in the overall interests of the project and in full cognisance of the likely effect on the support activities as a whole. The role will also require becoming familiar with the Shipbuilding Specialist Equipment supplied in Building 20, 02 & 18 and to act as the BAESMA representative for support and Calibration of the equipment.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
The BAE Maritime Osborne Shipyard contains newly acquired Specialist Shipbuilding Equipment that has a high degree of automation/robotics that will require onsite support and maintenance in accordance with Legislative and compliance requirements. As part of this role it is expected that the Senior Technician will be the technical subject matter expert for the calibration of small tools , rigging equipment, gauges for Production and Quality and where necessary liaise with the OEM for timely resolution of issues
As an applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- An understanding of shipyard operations.
- Cert IV Trade based qualifications in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical or Equivalent
- Appropriate licencing for the equipment used within the shipyard
- Demonstrated experience in shipyard maintenance.
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Substantial experience in managing large and diverse work teams in a fast paced environment.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you do not meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
Clearances: (remove if not required)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to Peter Smith Talent Engagement Specialist CCA and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.