Mechanical Engineer - Auxiliary Systems (Foremast) | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2023|
MECHANICAL ENGINEER AUXILIARY SYSTEMS
HUNTER CLASS LOB
PURPOSE OF JOB:
We currently have a unique opportunity as Mechanical Engineer within our Maritime Australia projectbased in Osbourne South Australia.
Undertaking Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Developing simple Mechanical Auxiliary system equipment fluid and piping designs to meet an established set of requirements, including participating in design reviews
- Leading typical functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment solutions
- Developing optimised Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertaking Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate solutions
- Supporting the translation of the Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment design into a manufacturable solution and incorporate changes as required
- Leading the process for engineering management of Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment manufacture from the engineering data pack
- Undertaking the integration and validation of the Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Supporting Mechanical Auxiliary systems and/or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Mechanical Engineering experience with structural and fabrication products ideally in a ship building environment
- Ideally experience in a maritime/ marine environment
- Exposure to piping and or fluid systems design and integration
- A Trade or Engineering background and relevant qualifications Degree is not essential but would be beneficial
- Strong Stakeholder engagement experience
- Strong communication skills
- NV1 clearance ideally
Please apply to Jason Lemmon – Talent Acquisition Specialist - Trades by close of business on the closing date listed online here. Your application should include a resume and whilst not essential, a cover letter is preferred. Please advise your line manager of your intention to apply.
Please note that business impact will need to be considered and negotiated transition plans will be required for internal appointments.
BAE Systems employees are also encouraged to refer others for this vacancy - refer to the Employee Referral Scheme (HR.11.PR) for further information, instructions and eligibility. Whilst referrals are encouraged for this vacancy, suitable internal applicants will always be given first preference and consideration.