JORN Senior Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jun-2023|
- Use iterative development cycles to put capability in the hands of our ADF personnel
- Support and mentor early career Systems Engineers in the delivery of work products
- Enjoy engaging work, a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness and the flexibility to work a 9 day fortnight
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a JORN Senior Systems Engineer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions business based in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The JORN Phase 6 development program is leveraging new and advanced technology to significantly upgrade and enhance Australia's world leading Over-The-Horizon Radar capability. This represents one of the few major Defence projects that is fully designed, developed and delivered within Australia, by Australians.
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
Your future career opportunities will include expanding your experience across the design and development of BAE Systems' adjacent products and projects including radar, electronics, ICT, EW, manufacturing and naval applications.
This opportunity will see you:
- Perform system engineering activities including functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design & analysis, requirements management, integration and verification
- Work on design aspects for a range of radar, software, hardware, ICT and infrastructure components, assemblies and subsystem elements
- Take concepts through design from requirements to candidate solutions and deployment
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge to oversee, create and control the system architecture and design
- Engineer using a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology utilising a range of modern design tools and practices
- Work within a large team of systems engineers, liaising with engineers and teams across different disciplines and products
- Mentor other Systems Engineers in engineering best practice
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or hold a Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering Experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- A University degree level engineering qualification or similar, preferably within a Systems, Electronics, Software, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Strong leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated experience in requirements management and system design
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Engineers looking to make the step up to a senior systems engineer role are particularly encouraged to apply.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Gabrielle Popovic, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.