Finance Systems Lead | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jun-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- An exciting opportunity for a Finance Systems Lead to join our team based in Adelaide or Melbourne.
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity as a Finance Systems Lead based in Adelaide or Melbourne.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As the Finance Systems Lead, you will lead a team of systems subject matter experts that ensures the delivery and management of the central finance systems. This includes associated process improvements and developments, which requires agreement of resourcing needs and managing to a project schedule, as well as addressing end user queries for support and improvements.
In more specific terms you will:
- Work with finance stakeholders and other functional leads to deliver planned system improvements and upgrades effectively.
- Develop business cases for future improvements or upgrades to ensure activities are appropriately prioritised and funded.
- Be a point of contact for other functions seeking to implement or update their interface with any finance system.
- Work closely with the ERP team in the IM&T department to ensure any improvements/developments are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the organisation, from a Finance function perspective.
- Actively challenge current work standards and processes to identify areas where finance systems can be further utilised to improve the control environment and process efficiency.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Significant experience in business systems beneficial (Oracle, SAP and Oracle EPM)
- Working experience in delivery of internal projects
- Strong internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- The ability to lead and motivate individuals.
- The ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Merissa Matthews – Talent Acquisition Specialist
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.