Electronics Engineer | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Jun-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Work with some of Australia's most talented Engineers developing the next generation of technologies
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft Electronics Engineer within our Red Ochre LABS team with flexibility on location within Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Red Ochre LABS has been established to develop the next generation of technologies to support Australia and our defence industry. It is a hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia, bringing together some of Australia's most talented engineers to pioneer advanced technology and future-altering solutions.
Working on the STRIX project, (a new hybrid, tandem wing, multi domain and multi role, uncrewed air system) you will be involved in the selection, design and integration of various avionics and electrical systems, including instrumentation, navigation, communications and flight control systems.
This opportunity will see you:
- Planning and managing packages of work
- Design and develop creative solutions to solve complex engineering challenges
- Undertake systems modelling and analysis to develop high-quality and optimised designs.
- Apply a systems engineering approach, ensuring solutions meet the system requirements and stakeholder needs.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams
- Ensuring products are designed to be safe and fit-for-purpose
- Conducting system integration, testing, evaluation and verification activities
- Extensive experience in electronics / avionics design
- Technical knowledge related to Avionics and Aerospace systems
- Qualification in Electronics Engineering satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Experience in developing electronic equipment and wiring designs, EMI/EMC controls, participation in design reviews, undertaking design analyses and implementation of avionics solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Understanding of how aircraft are built and operated, including flight safety and airworthiness considerations
- Passionate about aircraft systems design and development
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications can be addressed to: Carli Sayers – Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.