Product Security Engineer | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Jun-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Work across different projects and be exposed to a variety of work
- Enjoy flexibility (9DFN roster/WFH), engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Product Security Engineer within our Maritime Sustainment Engineering.
There is flexibility in location and this work can be done from anywhere in Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
This role will see you work within the Maritime Sustainment business and also work on different projects as required.
You will provide expertise in the discipline of Product Security. The role is to ensure the project meets the company's Product Security policy, and Product Security Management System.
As a Product Security Engineer you will:
- Support the PEM in development and execution of the Product Security program
- Identification of the necessary specialist skills, test methodology recommendations, system accreditation planning and consideration for the complete engineering lifecycle
- Provide knowledge to projects to support and guide the development of Product Security risk assessments
- Provide knowledge of threat intelligence, assessment of security vulnerabilities, selection of techniques for defending against them in relation to Product design and advice relating to security policy
- Provide technical security support to engineers
- Ensure that product security characteristics of all procured items are understood and acceptable
- Participate in project design reviews as design authority representative for stakeholders
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Engineering Qualification (Cyber/Electronics/Electrical/Systems/Mechanical/RF)
- Demonstrated capability within the product security domain in either physical, cyber and emanation security and concept of cyber resilience
- Hold DAR (Design authority representative) responsibility as a part and participate in design reviews for projects
- Familiar with establishing functional requirements design, implementation, integration, qualification and operational use within the product security field
- Experienced in aspects of the systems development lifecycle
- Familiar with implementing commonly used Australian and Industry security standards and accreditation frameworks (e.g. PSPF, ISM, ISO 270001/2, NIST, COBIT, HB167-20006, RMF, OWASP, and CIS).
- Proficiency in security risk assessment and risk management
- Ability to function confidently within a multi discipline project team environment
- Hold Eligibility for Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au