Certificate 2 Aeroskills | Line Maintenance | NSW-Williamtown
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Dec-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Accelerate your career in Aviation!
- Seeking candidates with a Certificate II or IV in Aeroskills
- This position is based onsite in Williamtown NSW 2318
Your new role:
We are currently seeking qualified candidates who hold a Certificate II and will either have practical experience in Line Maintenance or have a strong desire to step into a career in Aviation on site with our Hawk team at BAE Systems here in Williamtown, NSW. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a fully operational flight lines, including refuelling Hawk Jets and seeing them in and out of RAAF Base Williamtown. If you are an Australian Citizen who has completed a Certificate II or are just about to, with demonstrated practical experience including working in Line Maintenance, or have a strong passion about a long term career in the aviation industry, we want to talk to you.
In addition to this, we are also keen to speak with candidates who hold a Certificate IV in Aeroskills to be considered either for our Line Maintenance or AME positions we have across the BAE Systems HAWK team in Williamtown.
The positions we are seeking to fill will operate in highly dynamic working environments with internal training programs on offer to build on your skills, knowledge and experience aligned with meaningful work that will lead you into a career in Aviation.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU!
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
What can we offer you?
- An exciting and long term career in Aviation
- Employee benefits including professional development and on-going training
- Growth opportunities in the business including the ability to travel
What are we looking for?
- Certificate II or IV in Aeroskills
- Australian Citizens (Essential)
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Previous Commercial Aviation or industry experience
- Strong safety practices including a strong attention to detail
- Committed for ongoing professional development and training
- Strong work references to support your application (minimum 2 required)
About BAE Systems:
BAE Systems are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains. In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications (Australian Citizenship and a Certificate II in Aeroskills mandatory), we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits. To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au. We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would like to hear from you.
Please ensure you submit an updated copy of your resume and provide any supporting documentation i.e. relevant qualification(s) and training, to your application. We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant, however due to high volumes of recruitment at the moment, please allow 1-2 weeks for us to respond to your application.
Applicants must be current Australian Citizens to apply for this position and have the ability to undergo a Federal Government Baseline security clearance and be able to work from Williamtown NSW 2318. Please note: you must be an Australian Citizen to apply for a security clearance. In addition to this, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, candidate nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.