Assistant Accountant | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jun-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our team based in Adelaide.
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity as an Assistant Accountant within our finance team based Flinders Street, South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As an Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting with the General Ledger and Labour Accounting processes within Central Finance.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Ensure all journals processed are in compliance with governance requirements and are timely
- Carry out end of month processes, ensuring that tasks are completed on time
- Maintain the General Ledger Helpdesk, ensuring an efficient process with queries being actioned in a timely manner
- Perform Labour distribution and management of the payroll costing and reconciliation
- Support the Financial Accountant with internal and external Auditors with queries at mid-year and year-end
- Responsible for preparation of month-end journals as it relates to Labour Accounting
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting or Commerce
- CPA/CA qualification (or studying towards)
- Strong attention to detail
- 2-4 years experience in financial accounting/audit
- Experience using Oracle is advantageous
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate Defence Security Clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Merissa Matthews – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.