Senior Warehouse and Distribution Officer | VIC-Melbourne Bourke Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jun-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Take you warehouse/logistics career to the next level with Defence Industry projects
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Warehouse and Distribution Officer within our Red Ochre LABS teambased in Bourke Street, Melbourne CBD.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Prototyping Manager, you will be responsible to provide leadership to ensure all work carried out by your team is performed safely and compliant to BAE Systems Australia's policies and procedures in a productive environment and if applicable customer's policies and procedures. Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that all work carried out in the warehouse is performed in a safe manner in a safe environment
- Provide leadership and guidance in relation to all tasking; including but not limited to packing, receipting, storage, dispatch and healthy working environment
- Ensure productivity, safety and quality of work performed by the team measure against defined KPI
- Ensure security of warehouses and the inventory contained within
- Assist with supplier/customer process audits when and as required
- Develop and report against warehouse performance metrics
- Maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders including internal/external customers and suppliers
- Liaise with customers and coordinate internal resources to ensure services levels and demand are met or exceed
- Obsolesce and disposal management, including logging identified problems using the support function
- Support other functions within the business and project as required and as directed
- Export Control Management
As an applicant for this opportunity, you will:
- Demonstrated experience in warehousing and inventory management with future team leading ability included in scope of work
- Knowledge and understanding of export control/transportation requirements
- Proficient IT Microsoft Suite skills including some knowledge in ERP Systems (Ultramain, SAP, ALIS, MILIS or Oracle) is highly desirable
- Capability to carry out deployment and assign shift rosters if required
- Certificate in Supervision or Front Line Management
- Forklift license is desirable but not compulsory
- Ability to travel in between sites as required for prototype delivery
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements and appropriate stakeholder management
- Efficient communication skill and the ability to liaised with suppliers for resolutions of issues
- Have a positive ‘Can Do', action orientated attitude
Whilst not essential, qualifications in Warehouse Management or Frontline Management will be highly considered for this role.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Lisa Mitchell, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Early Careers and Functions and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.