Environmental Manager | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jun-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Excellent opportunity, make a major contribution
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an opportunity for an Environmental Manager, based in our Melbourne offices, however due to the nature of this role we would also consider candidates from other States. You will also get the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
This role is accountable to the National Head of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) – BAE Systems Australia and supports the SHE function through the provision of leadership, specialist skills and knowledge of BAE Systems environment management systems.
In addition to this, you will be responsible for reporting environmental practices and also development and enacting robust, defendable environmental management system policy, processes, procedures that add value, are outcomes focused and assist in the operationalising the BAE Systems SHE strategy.
- Participate, collaborate and consult with teams to ensure they are engaged and aligned to SHE strategic priorities, and have the right tools to do their job, confidence and ability to manage safe, health and environmental obligations and risks.
- Lead environmental audits for certification, governance, operational impacts and the like, and report back with recommendations for approved controls. Correlate the outputs of these audits with the sustainability standards to drive an enterprise representation of sustainability.
- Drive the continuous development and improvement of BAE Systems' environmental management system aligned to relevant standards and best practice approaches including ISO14001, ISO 26000 (Social Responsibility), and ISO 50001 (Energy Management Systems) and related risk assessments and risk registers.
- Develop a line of business critical environmental control program as part of a targeted environmental impact and incident reduction program.
- Take a lead role in the review of supply chain activities where environmental and sustainability impacts are relevant.
- Lead environmental investigations as an environment subject matter expert as directed.
- Consult with SHE Partnering and Delivery and stakeholders to manage environmental event responses and reporting procedures concerning significant hazards, injuries, incidents to ensure accurate and timely response and data analysis.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Australian Citizenship, eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Previous experience in SHE leading and managing environment practice in a large and complex organisation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks and governance requirements.
- Management of environment/sustainability in a high risk work environment (i.e. mining, construction, manufacturing).
- Tertiary Qualification in Environmental / Safety or related discipline
- Extensive experience in environmental remediation of contaminated sites
- Greenhouse gas and NGERS experience in a large organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice at middle to senior management level on high risk/impact matters.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.