DCE Technical Data Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jun-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Bring your leadership and expertise to key Defence role
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a DCE Configuration and Technical Data Manager within our Maritime Sustainment business based in Garden Island, NSW (Flexible Location).
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The DCE Configuration and Technical Data Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the Maritime Technical Data Management practices and systems for delivery of the Destroyer Capability Enhancement (DCE) Program in accordance with Customer processes and the company's Business Management System (BMS), including any sector specific procedures and the relevant project Configuration Management Plans (CMP) and Technical Data Management Plans (TDMP) for the DCE Program as governed by the DDG Authorised Materiel Seaworthiness Delivery Organisation.
Reporting to the CEIP Development Manager you will:
- Oversee preparation and delivery of Configuration and Technical data deliverables to the Customer, and the receipt and processing of data deliverables from Suppliers, DCE Industry Stakeholders and/or Commonwealth stakeholders
- Oversee preparation of materials for major project review and milestone activities
- Develop and oversee data assurance activities against audit schedules with reference to the project schedules, including Configuration and Quality audits of Technical Data
- Technical data, as defined for the DCE Program, includes but is not limited to:
- The existing configuration management data for the DDGs residing within the Commonwealth CMT-U tool and associated data environment.
- The existing maintenance management data for the DDGs residing within the AMPS tool and associated data environment.
- The existing materiel/support management data for the DDGs residing within the NAVALLOW and MILIS tools and associated data environments.
- Other Commonwealth data that defines the materiel and configuration definition for the DDGs pre and post DCE Upgrade.
- Industry generated data that defines the materiel and configuration definition for the DDGs pre and post DCE Upgrade.
- Engineering Change Management Support:
- Support the DCE Engineering Manager with the establishment and operation of Engineering Review and Configuration Control Board sessions in support of incorporation decisions for changes arising during the DCE Program as advice to the DDGSPO PE.
- Technical Data Status Accounting
- An extended consideration of Configuration Status Accounting where the principles of EIA649 and the ANP 3412 are applied to all Technical Data.
- Technical Data Reporting and alignment with baselines, including:
- Within DOORS – Capability Baseline, Functional Baseline, Allocated Baselines
- Within CMT-U – Design Baseline, Product Baseline and As Built Baselines
- Technical Data synchronisation and transition of data in support of re-establishmernt of Initial and Final Operational Capability after the completion of the production period for each vessel. This will include liaison with Industry and other Commonwealth stakeholders to understand and define requirements for the conduct of technical data management in support of their activities
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Engineering degree or relevant technical diploma or certificate, or related discipline or trade skill with suitable experience
- Demonstrated extensive experience in one or more engineering environments in a CM role, including at least one defence project
- Can lead, mentor and motivate team members across the project, and oversee and influence the activities of CM team leads and peripheral staff to meet goals, schedules and milestones
- Significant experience successfully managing a CM or related technical team, including interfacing with engineering / technical personnel
- Significant experience in use of recognised CM tools and associated databases
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.