1st Class Machinist | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jun-2023|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Multiple opportunities! Looking for a 1st Class Machinist to be part of our “Night Shift” team
- Join an organisation that is leading the way in defence
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have multiple 1st Class CNC Machinist opportunities within our Red Ochre Labs based in SA – Edinburgh Parks.
Advanced Manufacturing has won multiple large long-term contracts. We are seeking applicants for an experienced 1st Class CNC Machinist who is capable with manual machining, and with fitting experience to join the night shift team. As the 1st CNC Class Machinist, you will receive four weeks' annual leave, RDOs, uniform, access to on site canteen, all in the comfort of a temperature controlled working environment. Shares after one year of service.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be responsible for computer numerical control (CNC) machining tasks associated with defence requirements
- Undertake CNC component machining who is flexible across a range of CNC machines on various defence projects to meet scheduled requirements.
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering systems and defect reporting are incorporated for traceability
- Liaise with BAE Systems' Quality staff to ensure compliance with project quality requirements
- Comply with BAE Systems Safety, Health and Environment procedures with the requirements of the BAE Systems' Quality systems as they relate to respective areas of activity
- Alert the organisation to potential or known problems that affect the quality of BAE Systems' products and services
- Provide input and offering recommendations for the improvement of company processes and procedures
- Validate parts as they are manufactured
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- A Mechanical trade certificate
- CNC machining experience
- Manual Machining and Fitting experience (preferred)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline” and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- A strong team focus and a can do attitude
- The ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- The availability to work from 11.30pm until 7.30am Sunday-Thursday (night shift)
A Defence security clearance is required for these roles. Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Trades, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is also required to inform which of the shifts you are looking to undertake.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.