E3 (Elecromagnetic Enviro Effects) Engineer (G7) | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Jun-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Ongoing training and career development, the chance to build on your career
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems, we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this, we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a unique opportunity as an Electromagnetics and Enviro Engineer within our Maritime Sustainment Australia business unitbased in Victoria.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World-class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
In your new role, as Electromagnetics and Enviro Engineer you will be accountable for delivering engineering outputs of the assigned project(s) within the triple constraints of quality, cost and schedule
Key responsibilities will be:
- Derive RF system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system
- design and RF system requirements reviews
- Develop E3 system candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Develop optimised RF system detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake E3 system detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined
- E3 system architecture
- Undertake the translation of the RF system design into a manufactural product and
- incorporate design for manufacture factors
- Undertake engineering management of the RF system manufacture from the hardware implementation
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Demonstrable experience in the practice of RF/E3 engineering in the defence domain
- Demonstrable effective communication skills and proven ability in technical report writing
- Experience in being responsible for the development of RF/E3 equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of E3/RF solutions, their integration, validation, qualification testing and delivery and support
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Satisfies requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Strong Stakeholder engagement experience
- Strong communication skills
- NV1 clearance ideally
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.