Database Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Jun-2023|
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a unique opportunity as a within our JORN team based Edinburgh Parks South Australia for a Database Administrator.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
In your new role as part of the Applications Team reporting to the Team Lead, the Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for day to day management of all databases, across all networks, used on JORN. The position will also participate with establishing and maintaining policies in line with the requirements of the project.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Administering and supporting all databases used on the JORN project
- Completing technical investigations on problem reports and change notices
- Monitoring database performance and carrying out regular database maintenance activities
- Making recommendations relating to database design, operation and security
- Installing, configuring and setup of new databases and related software applications
- Working using the Agile/Scrum methodology in accordance with required priorities and agreed schedules
- Complying with engineering processes and procedures imposed by the relevant management plans
- Maintaining your knowledge, skills and DBA certifications up to date
- Effectively managing stakeholders across other ICT teams, other parts of the project and our customer community.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Relevant Oracle certifications and ideally have a degree in IT or related discipline
- Strong experience in the administration of Oracle
- Previous experience in aspects of database management including: design, configuration, installation, security, backup, recovery, patching and upgrade
- Demonstrated experience in database performance monitoring and tuning
- Substantial experience with Oracle APEX
- Experience in change management and configuration control
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and environments
- Knowledge of cyber security and Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures including the Defence Security Principles Framework
- Eligibility to obtain NV2 security clearance
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server desirable but not essential
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Jason Lemmon and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.