JORN Logistics Support Analysis Practitioner | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Jun-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of Defence capability delivery
- Perform Logistics Support Analysis for a state of the art Defence system
- Enjoy flexible working conditions, and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity as an ILS Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) Practitioner within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions teambased in Edinburgh Parks.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
JORN (Jindalee Operational Radar Network) is a state-of-the-art defence system providing wide-area surveillance capability and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and rescue operations.
As the LSA Practitioner you will be responsible for conducting product supportability analysis on a range of equipment as required by the ILS Manager at different levels of design maturity and type: commercial-off-the-shelf, bespoke new designed equipment and modified equipment.
You will also:
- In conjunction with the other specialty engineering teams (e.g. reliability engineering, safety engineering and mission design teams), review the applicability of input data to allow the execution of Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) program.
- Review the applicability of input data to allow the execution of Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) program.
- Review and translate physical equipment hierarchies into Logistics Control Number (LCN) structure.
- Review input reports (e.g. FMEA/FMECA Reports, failure data, obsolescence data etc.) to assess fitness for purpose to support LSA process and execute LSA accordingly.
- In conjunction with ILS Manager, plan the development, execution and delivery of the LSA and attendant reports (LSAR) within the guidance of the master schedule and other contracted references.
- Build, the product support structure as physical system and parts hierarchy evolves.
- Conduct and/or contribute to LSA analyses associated with generation of Logistics Support Analysis Report, including the analysis processes within: Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA) and Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Support the design effort for new equipment to ensure supportability factors are considered in design.
- Participate in the review and delivery of ILS contract deliverables/updates.
- Participate in system reviews.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualification - Diploma, formal trade or technical certificate qualification in Engineering and/ or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in the technical review and reporting of assessment data relative to the mechanical and/ or electrical health of systems and equipment
- Demonstrated experience in developing product support records in LSA tools to support the underlying analysis
- Experience in the operation and/ or maintenance of those systems in a defence or related technical industry
- High degree of competence with the Microsoft Office ® suite of applications
Whilst not essential, formal training and certification in applicable Standards and/ or equivalent industry experience would be highly regarded.
Whilst not essential, working knowledge of the recent versions of the IBM Maximo Asset Management application would be highly regarded.We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Carli Sayers – Talent Acquisition Specialist Engineering and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.